When it comes to romance, finding an Ismaili partner can be daunting!
Ismailis often seek a partner who understands their background and shared values. However, this can be a challenge. We all live busy lives. Distance can make it harder to meet others in the community. And the pandemic has made it nearly impossible to meet face to face with new people even if you wanted to! Add to that the pressure from parents and society to find your special someone, and you get a lot of frustration and anxiety around Ismaili relationships! So let our app help you find your match!
What is CMB?
Chai Meets Biscuit is a mobile app for Ismaili Muslims available worldwide for Android and iOS. We show you potential matches (or “biscuits” as we call them) according to your filter preferences (age and geography).
A user can like a biscuit or pass on it. If both people like each other’s profiles, they are matched and can start chatting!
How does CMB differ from other other dating sites?
Many dating apps exist today like Bumble, Tinder, and Dil Mil but they don’t allow you to filter for Ismailis specifically. This means you are forced to sift through hundreds of profiles hoping to find someone Ismaili.
There are also websites for Ismaili dating but they are not very active, or they may be geared specifically for matrimony!
CMB brings the modern dating approach you seek in a dating app, with a focus on Ismailis.
Where is Chai Meets Biscuit available?
CMB is available worldwide. Currently the five most active countries are the USA, Canada, Pakistan, United Kingdom, and Kenya. We have made over 4,000 matches and had over 100,000 messages sent on the platform and counting.
How do I get started?
1. Download the app and Sign up using your Phone number, Facebook, or Apple ID.
2. Tell us a little bit about yourself, upload photos, and complete your profile to get it set up
3. Enable your location (so we can show you people nearby) and enable notifications.
4. Finally, enter your preferences for age and location and start matching!
How do I match, chat with and message people?
- On the CMB main screen you will see new profiles. Click the heart button to like them, or press the X button to pass
2. If both you and another person like each other, Mubaraki!, you will be connected!
3. You will now be able to start a conversation with each other and see where it takes you!
How is my privacy protected on CMB?
At CMB, we take privacy seriously and have taken steps to facilitate a safe space for Ismailis to meet and potentially develop relationships.
Profiles do not show a person’s name until two individuals match. When a match is made, each person can see the other’s first name. We never reveal last names. This is to maintain privacy.
In addition all CMB users must accept these terms:
- No abusive behavior on the app
- No finding, friending, or messaging members outside the app without their permission
- No sharing of content on the app with others outside the app.
We take all violations seriously, and investigate them for potential removal from the app.
When you’re part of a tight knit Ismaili community, its natural to worry about your privacy. Would people perceive you differently if you were on a dating app? We hope these protections outlined above can put those fears to rest!
Is there any cost to use Chai Meets Biscuit?
The app is free! You can access all the core functionality of the app as a free user, including liking, matching, and messaging!
You can choose to upgrade to a Premium membership to unlock the following additional capabilities:
- See who likes you (even before you have liked back)
- Be featured ahead of other matches
- Incognito mode (only be shown to people who you like)
- Reset dislikes (to allow you to view profiles again)
So now you know all the details! Now Download the app today and get started!
And best of luck!